Mother's Day Out
Teaching our children to love what is good, true and beautiful!
At Fortis your child will be entering a safe environment where they will learn to love God, His creations, and develop the academic skills that will prepare them for kindergarten. Our MDO program is designed for children ages 3 to 5 and we offer separate classes for 3 and 4+ year olds.
Meets at school: Monday and Wednesday
***Classes begin August 12th, 2019***
Philosophy of our Mother’s Day Out Class:
- Focuses on developing a sense of wonder about God’s world and for learning.
- Teaches children to love what is good, true, and beautiful.
- Inspires children to love God.
- Read-aloud and interaction with lots of books
- Exposure to great classical literature
- Develop pre-reading skills through the teaching of basic phonics
- Explore God’s creation and develop an appreciation of nature
- Develop number sense through experiences with math manipulatives
- Memorizing scripture and beautiful poetry
- Safe environment (Students and parents should all feel safe and loved!)
- Children should love learning!
- Hands on activities
- “Is it cute or does it count?” Projects will have developmental purpose.
- Develop fine motor and gross motor skills
- Regard others as equals (Treat classmates with kindness)
- Respect God’s authorities (Follow school rules/procedures))
- Reverence for God and His Word (Participate in prayer; Listen attentively to Bible stories)
The goals of our MDO program include the following:
- Building self-control and attention spans
- Developing fine motor and gross motor skills
- Encouraging a love of learning (and reading)
- Social skill building through the introduction of Biblical character traits
- Building respect for God’s Word and His authorities
- Developing book/text sense
- Phonetic awareness through the introduction of phonograms
- Develop proper pencil grip and beginning handwriting skills
- Begin pre-reading skills and introduction to short vowel words
- Develop a good understanding of number sense
Mother’s Day Out Program Fee for the 2019 school year: $2250 (Payments can be made on a monthly basis throughout the school year)
**We are so excited about how God has blessed Fortis Academy this year. We will have two classes next year, a 3 yr. old class and a 4 yr. old class**
Register for the Mother’s Day Out:
MDO Online Registration Form