Teaching our children to love what is good, true and beautiful!
Meets at school: Monday and Wednesday
Philosophy of our Mother’s Day Out Class:
- Focuses on developing a sense of wonder about God’s world and learning.
- Teaches children to love what is good, true, and beautiful.
- Inspires children to love God.
- Read-aloud and interaction with lots of books
- Exposure to great classical literature
- Develop pre-reading skills through the teaching of basic phonics
- Explore God’s creation and develop an appreciation of nature
- Develop number sense through experiences with math manipulatives
- Memorizing scripture and beautiful poetry
- Safe environment (Students and parents should all feel safe and loved!)
- Children should love learning!
- Hands on activities
- “Is it cute or does it count?” Projects will have developmental purpose.
- Develop fine motor and gross motor skills
- Regard others as equals (Treat classmates with kindness)
- Respect God’s authorities (Follow school rules/procedures))
- Reverence for God and His Word (Participate in prayer; Listen attentively to Bible stories)
The goals of our MDO program include the following:
- Building self-control and attention spans
- Developing fine motor and gross motor skills
- Encouraging a love of learning (and reading)
- Social skill building through the introduction of Biblical character traits
- Building respect for God’s Word and His authorities
- Developing book/text sense
- Phonetic awareness through the introduction of phonograms
- Develop proper pencil grip and beginning handwriting skills
- Begin pre-reading skills and introduction to short vowel words
- Develop a good understanding of number sense
Register for Mother’s Day Out now:
MDO Online Registration
Please pay the registration fee below to secure your spot.